Personalized one-on-one Pilates in a private Midtown NYC studio.
Pilates is one of the most highly effective forms of exercise for overall body conditioning and relaxation, an innovative mind-body regimen that has been praised by ballet master George Balanchine, professional football and hockey players, and novice practitioners alike.
Learn to move more effectively from your core, the deep center of your body. Improve your posture, cultivate leaner muscles, and gain greater body awareness and alignment. When you connect your movements with your breath, you will begin to move with less effort and more fluidity.
Pilates is more accessible now than ever.
Group classes at gyms or boutique studios are wonderful ways to explore the mat work or new Pilates based workouts. Gym classes can have around 20-30 people in a class and the boutique studios can start at 10 and go up to 20 in a barre class. Joseph Pilates would probably be thrilled at all the creativity that his practice has inspired, but he did strongly believe in the use of his machines and the guidance of a private Pilates trainer.
Pilates partners perfectly with other sports and activities such as running, golfing, tennis, yoga, weight lifting, soccer and baseball.
Our classically trained instructors specialize in pilates areas such as therapeutics, geriatric, prenatal, and dance. You will leave your sessions with more confidence, strength, and flexibility and feel ready to face the hustle and flow of New York City.
Here are three reasons why you should consider a private Pilates practice:
- Group classes can be too big for a teacher to focus on your own strengths in order to deepen your practice, or your weaknesses in order to prevent injury or perpetuate existing imbalances. Private Pilates sessions can help you understand these things better and get the best out of your group classes.
- Group classes are geared for general results and populations. A private Pilates trainer will tailor a workout to meet your ever changing needs and you will feel more energized and see results more quickly.
- Group classes may not catch you laying back a bit. A private Pilates practice inspires more motivation and can focus your attention on some of the more subtleties of the practice that makes Pilates one of the most amazing and gratifying experiences of your life.
Private Pilates classes and programs for all ages, levels, and goals.
A private 30-minute hand/foot treatment.
On-site rejuvenation for busy professionals.
Our Pilates studio offers one-on-one sessions utilizing the classic Pilates equipment, including the Cadillac, the Reformer, the Wunda Chair. We also incorporate a number of smaller props, like the Magic Circle, the Jump Board, Maureen Fleming Elastixx, and TRX. If you can’t swing by the studio, located in the heart of NYC, most of these small props travel well, and we can come to you for onsite training!
Our clients run the gamut from male and female professionals and athletes to injured and elderly individuals. Pilates can help improve your tennis or golf game and make running less painful.
Every body benefits from Pilates!
Other benefits include:
- Greater body awareness
- Greater strength and muscle tone
- Better posture
- Improved flexibility
- Increased joint mobility
- Lower stress levels
- Less pain from chronic ailments
What Clients Say
I truly liked your MELT workshop Allison and thinking I need to do another with you. My knee was terrific! I was able to walk home which is over a mile, something I haven’t been able to do for years. Thank you so much. It was a pleasure meeting you and so thankful to be able to walk without knee pain!